Shorepoints – 12 January 2017 – News from Hook to Cape
Welcome to today’s edition of Shorepoints, bringing you news bites from up and down the Jersey coastline through a myriad of independent community news sources. Enjoy!
– Free welding classes will be offered to the unemployed by Brookdale and Ocean County community colleges this February and March, says the Atlantic Highlands Herald.
– Giamano’s Restaurant in Bradley Beach has closed its doors after more than three decades, according to The Coaster.
– Plans for a proposed three-story, 105-room “Hotel LBI” in Ship Bottom is undergoing minor changes, and The Sandpaper has the details.
– An Atlantic City campus and technology park for Stockton University is expected to “drive Atlantic County into future,” writes the Press of Atlantic City.
– The 14-year-old Ocean City High School student who was struck by a vehicle while crossing to board her school bus earlier this month is able to leave the hospital where she was recovering, states Shore News Today.