Shorepoints – 11 January 2017 – News from Hook to Cape
Welcome to today’s edition of Shorepoints, bringing you news bites from up and down the Jersey coastline through a myriad of independent community news sources. Enjoy!
– The Two River Times writes that Leonardo’s “overlooked” state marina is getting a relaunch.
– Big projects are waiting in the wings with Shrewsbury, including the demolition of the infamous slaughterhouse owned by the Catelli Brothers for the construction of senior living units, says Red Bank Green.
– Gallery space Transparent, in The Asbury, featuring a “glass encompassed box space that features eerily insightful looks at the entertainers fans have launched into stardom” by photographer Danny Clinch, will open this Saturday, says the Asbury Park Sun.
– The public is invited to learn about stranded marine mammals this Saturday at Barnegat Lighthouse State Park’s visitors center, posts The Sandpaper.
– A “proposed $2 million office building that would serve as a new centerpiece for Ocean City’s main gateway” will be considered for approval this week at the planning board meeting, states OCNJ Daily.
– The Cape May County Herald offers the full transcript of Governor Chris Christie’s State of the State address from earlier this week.